This section presents the United States coins 25 cents from the series " Great America". Every year it is produced according to 5 coins. FROM 2010 to 2021. On the coins of the national parks of America.
Following up on the popularity of the 50 State Quaters Program, Congress has authorised the production of new circulating commemorative quarters from 2010 to 2021. The coins will honor a site of "natural or historic significance" from each of the 50 states, five U.S. territiries, and the District of Columbia. They will continue to bear George Washington's portrait on the obserse.
Five designs will be released each year, in the order the coins' featured locations were designated national parks or national sites. At the discretion on the secretary of the Treasury, this series could be extended an addictional 11 years by featuring a second national park or site from each state, districk, and territory.
The half dollar, authorized by the Act of April 2, 1792, was not minted until December 1794. The early types of this series have been extensively collected by die varieties, of which many exist for most dates. Valuations given below are in each case for the most common variety; scarcer ones as listed by Overton (see the bibliography at the end of the book) generally command higher prices.
When the half dollar was first issued, its weight was 208 grains and its fineness .8924. This standart was not changed until 1837, when the law of January 18, 1837, specified 206-1/4 grains, .900 fine. This fineness continued in use until 1965.
Arrow at the date in 1853 indicate the reduction of weight to 192 grains, in conformity with the Act of February 21, 1853. During that year only, rays were added to the field on the reverse side to identify the lighter coins. Arrows remained in 1854 and 1855.
The 1866 Proof quarter, half, and dollar without motto are not menrioned in the Mint director's report, and were not issued for circulation. In 1873 the weight was raised by law to 192.9 grains and arrows were again placed at the date, to be removed in 1875.